Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Romania Day 7 - Bittersweet

I don't have long for a post.  It's 11:23 pm and we leave for Croatia in the morning.  However, I wanted to capture a few thoughts - from tonight primarily.

Today was about working, yes, but also about tying up loose ends, thanking everyone, and saying goodbye.

Tonight we shared a chapel service with the students.  It was in the small chapel.  No sound system, just a broken piano.  It appears to be used as a classroom part of the time.

Services are all different and one is blessed in different ways at each service, but this one in particular moved me.  The opening Bible verse was from II Timothy 2:1-10.  The students sang together, mostly without any music, sometimes with a guitar.  There were a few small groups that got up and led worship.  A couple of the men spoke.  Bravo, I say.  Bravo.

And then Ed spoke.

All I can say is that you had to be there.  One of his primary verses was II Timothy 2:2.  The interpreter was very good.  The room fell still.  I looked around and the students were intently listening.  I could feel it in my heart.  This was the right message at the right time - a divine appointment.  I kid you not I almost wept, a grown man from Tennessee.

Seeds were planted while we were here that I am certain God will cultivate and mature long after we are gone.

Finally, let me say that our mission team was perfect for the job.  I'm sure that all male teams are appropriate at times but I can also say with certainty that our impact on these kids was multiplied because of Kelsie and Ivonne and Kim.

God bless and see you in Croatia

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment