Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Reality Check

Friends,
I got a true reality check this past weekend. I was looking over my calendar for July, looked at Randy and said "We leave in 2 weeks!". He said, "Yes dear, I know". Wow, all of the planning, preparation, practicing, praying (how's that for alliteration?) and the time is upon us in a big way. I simply can't believe this trip is almost here. We depart for Budapest 2 weeks from today. We will be actually on a plane to Munich this time in 2 weeks. It's just unbelievable. The summer has slipped away, and now, the time for us to leave is here.

We have been so busy planning and practicing, I just simply lost track of dates and time. Randy asked me if I knew he had put a countdown on the blog, and yes, I knew, but still, I have been busy in the day-to-day business of summer and vacation. Thanks be to the Lord for a wonderful, restful vacation last week to Kure Beach, NC. It was a joy to be with my family and relax and soak up some wonderful Carolina sunshine. The SON was truly shining on us as we had a remarkable time with wonderful weather. So thankful for that time of refreshment and rejuvenation.

On to the mission focus! We are continuing to prepare our voices and songs for our concert opportunities in both Romania and Croatia. I am so very happy to report that we have indeed finished with our song list. YEAH!!! Praise the Lord, that was a long, arduous process, but everyone of us seems happy with the choices. We have been blessed to borrow equipment while in Croatia, and Randy will be able to accompany me (or Kim H.) on a bass guitar. Another big praise!!!

Today, Randy and I received our international driver's permit. Now, we can legally drive in Europe while there. Shew, we don't want any illegal activity going on you know. All 5 of us have our passports in hand, all documentation is taken care of and accommodations, tickets, and rentals have been reserved. We will be in Oradea, Romania, Nova Gradiska, Croatia, and then have a couple of days of sightseeing in Budapest before our return trip on August 4. We will be gone a total of 16 days.

My prayer requests are many today as my heart is full and my mind is overloaded. I beseech you, brothers (and sisters) to uphold us in prayer as we prepare these last 2 weeks. So very thankful for my extended family of believers and prayer warriors.

  • Pray that Randy, Kelsie and I will adequately prepare our HEARTS, MINDS, AND SPIRIT for the presentation of the gospel in song.
  • Pray that the gospel will be successful in our efforts and CLEAR in the presentation
  • Pray for Randy as he prepares to speak at our concert opportunities
  • Our practice times will be fruitful, encouraging times together
  • Pray for Daniel and an opportunity for him and his soccer balls
  • Pray for Dustin that this will be a life-changing experience for him
  • Pray for Kim (selfishly) that I will dwell on the eternal value of this trip and not get caught up in the hustle-bustle business of preparations
  • Wisdom in last-minute decisions and preparations


God blessings to you all. I will try and update more frequently as we prepare to leave.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment