Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Random Thoughts on Romania from Daniel

I have asked Daniel to tell some of his thoughts and experiences during our stay in Romania.  These are his words:

It's different!  The people, stores, the houses,the food,the drinks,their clothes,and their way of living. The work here is hard. Their food is much sweeter. There drinks have more sugar. I have not seen alot but things here are very different.

I like the people here because they are like me.  The guys here at the University have helped me move stuff when I couldn't carry it.  They play a lot of games.  They're very active.  They are rough, probably because they're good at soccer.  They have more skills.  I played a game with them and my team won!

Marcen  is teaching me how to speak Romanian and I am teaching him to speak English.  It's working out!  I've learned da (yes), multzemesc (thank you) bene (good)   cheh my facha (how are you?) imi pare rau (I'm sorry) va rog  (please)  Cu placere (You're welcome)  Salut, chow  (hello/goodbye)  nu (no)

apah (water)  paheene (bread) for starters.

I went shopping at the mall.  The mall is different.

I really have loved a dessert the cooks have made two different times now.  It's called a gra-goot?  Something like a donut.

Last night, we went to the Brutarie patiserie.  They have lots of sweets.  I had a whipped cream cake that was mostly whipped cream.  The place was very small.  It was delicious!



That's all I can get out of him for now.  More thoughts later.



No comments:

Post a Comment