Friday, April 15, 2011

Giving praise

I wanted to do a quick update this morning on where things stand and what we have found out so far this week. We were not FULLY informed at the time of our adoption all the legal requirements for citizenship. Daniel is a legal, permanent resident of the USA, but he does NOT have US citizenship. Therefore, without citizenship, you can't apply for a US passport. This, my friends is the big issue.

First and foremost, we are BLESSED beyond measure with an abundance of praying friends. Where would we be if not for the power of prayer. I can not begin to express my gratitude and humbleness over the prayers going up on our behalf. Please !!! DON'T STOP PRAYING!!! There's much to pray for!

The one really BIG bright spot for the week came in a phone call last night from our adoption agency. Finally, they had some good news for us. I can't remember her name at the moment, but she was just as shocked tell me as I was to hear. CHI (Children's House International) in Washington State dug out our files from their archives and found ORIGINAL documents from Romania. She told me, this NEVER happens. They never find originals from Romanian adoptions. I don't know about you, but I really think that was a total GOD thing. God put those documents there just for us to have today. They are overnight FEDEX shipping here, hopefully to be in our hands today. With these documents, our chances of getting things expedited for citizenship are much stronger. Or, for re-adoption, whichever route our attorney feels is best, (and fastest!)

We are working with a local attorney who God miraculously directed us to through a fellow church member. He attends Heritage with us, but we have not yet had the privilege of meeting him. We will meet with him with a load of documents on Monday morning.

Please continue to pray. There is really no human way to fix this and get it completed in time for travel in July. But, we know that God is in control, God lead us to this trip and has gone before us in every stage of planning thus far. God will NOT leave us, He will not forsake us, and we are just trusting in His almighty plan.

Specific areas for prayer:


  • Expedient answers to the citizenship issue
  • Good, effective meeting with our lawyer Monday morning 9:00
  • Peace for Randy & I (and Kelsie!)
  • We will make God look good as we walk through a difficult period
  • Daniel WILL be able to travel with us in July
  • Did I mention PEACE???

I so love and appreciate all the phone calls, notes of encouragement and words of encouragement I've received this week. Thank you all so much for uplifting our family.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment